CYCLING ON THE SALT MARSHES

CYCLING ON THE SALT MARSHES

- A Cold, Chilly Training Day !!! - 

The Mission: To ride from Halifax to Mahone Bay, 110km, in one day, raising money for the fight against Cancer.  One goal, Two 10 year olds, and a whole lot of dedication.


On our 2nd long bike ride, we went with our friends down to the Salt Marsh Trail, near LawrenceTown.

It was really cold and windy because my family and I were just in shorts and a T-shirt! 

Luckily we made it to all these cool places like we stopped at a stream and took a snack break, ( baby carrots and snap peas, for me not the best treat but hey, gotta stay healthy, am I right?) After we ate our snacks, my mom and I went to look at the stream across the trail. It was really cool just sitting there and watching the water bubbling up as it snaked through  the rocks intercepting the stream. 


When we got back on our wheels, we headed off with my friend and his dad ahead of me and my mom, my dad, my brother, and his friend behind me. After about 5 snack breaks near the water, we finally reached a boardwalk with Lawrencetown beach at the end of it! 


My friend and I set off for the ocean, stepping on rocks and running away from the high tide while my brother and his friend planned a security system for their kingdom in Minecraft. My parents and my friend's parents were talking at the end of the boardwalk and watching the sea disappear into the horizon.

We set back off  to the parking lot of the trail with my brother's friend behind me and my brother talking to my mom and dad also behind me. And my friend and his dad were way ahead of us since they crossed the road way before we even got on our bikes! 

We saw a lot of cool places on the trip but the coolest sights were the comfortable, warm backseats of our car and the sight of my refreshing, cold water bottle. And that’s it for today, folks! Have a nice rest of your day!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Epic Ride - Two Ten Year Olds, Two Adults, 40KM of Fun!!!

Getting it Done!! 20KM Ride